During the May Day holiday, I started reading a book titled, “Finding the Right Woman For You” by Michelle McKinney Hammond and I’ll like to share some things I learnt from it with my readers. For a while now, I’ve had opportunities to speak with guys who seem to have everything but are confused or scared of making a mistake in their choice of a good woman. I must say that for men and women, finding “The One” seems to be as elusive as finding a needle in a haystack. It’s very likely though, that your mindset could be hindering your search.
True love is what everyone longs and searches for, so why is it hard to find one another since everyone is searching? Can you find the man/woman of your dreams? Can the search for love be fruitful? I believe it can when we plant the right seeds and purposefully apply ourselves to giving the love we want to find. Because love is not just a feeling but a decision, the head must work with the heart to make intelligent choices that lead to love. Chemistry-as well as charm and beauty can be deceitful, so even though it is needed in the mix, it cannot be all there is.
There are certain questions I would love us to answer as we kick off this series:
1) Are you really ready for the love you think you want?
2) What is your motivation for desiring a COMMITTED love relationship?
3) What problems do you think love will solve (or create) in your world?
4) What are you prepared to GIVE in order to GET the love you desire?
5) Do you know what you want in a Woman/Man? Are your expectations realistic?
6) If you never found Mr. /Miss Right, would you still be able to lead a happy and fulfilled life?
I believe this series will help resolve outstanding issues which might not have been given much thought, let’s kick off preparing you to love and be loved in return.
Enjoy the weekend…..