I believe we had a nice weekend. To kick off this week, I have some quotes on Patriotism to keep our minds on our envisioned Nigeria.
- Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it.
- A man’s country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers and woods, but it is a principle; and patriotism is loyalty to that principle.
- Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.
- A politician will do anything to keep his job, even become a patriot.
- Equal rights for all, special privileges for none.
- He loves his country best who strives to make it best.
- There is nothing wrong with Nigeria that cannot be cured by what is right with Nigeria.
- Men love their country, not because it is great, but because it is their own.
- A man’s feet must be planted in his country, but his eyes must survey the world.
- Freedom is nothing but a chance to be better.
This week, don’t litter your environment, don’t jump queues, obey traffic rules; be Patriotic. Keep these up till they become a habit, then you can correct someone around you who is doing otherwise; spread the word, let’s give Nigeria a whole new culture. The evidence that we see a new nation reflects in what we do. Let’s do things right; one step at a time, and we will see the Nigeria that we desire. It’s in our hands!